Saturday, April 21, 2012

CAPTIVATING CANCER'S CAPTIVATING CANCER

I skipped Day 20 yesterday of the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge (I'm allowed two "get out of writing" passes). But today's exercise (Day #21) is wild and wacky and I couldn't wait to try it! (It's one of my favorites of the writing challenge thus far.) We were told to log on to Madlibs, fill in the requested parts of speech, then generate a poem from it. It's trippy! Mine came out in the rhythm of Sylvia Plath. Check it out!
 
CAPTIVATING CANCER'S CAPTIVATING CANCER
By Renn and Sylvia Plath
 
I chew my sweaters and all the moon clashes in darkness; 

I argue my Rockefellers and all is understand again.
(I gnaw and separate you up inside my hammer.)

The woods go fretting about in a mindful crawl,
And reclaim societies that identify within.
I justify my violet and all the companion trains 
each afternoon.

A liar improves from the ledge, but the screenplay's mountain justifies,
And dominates gold and silver's river:
I justify my violet and all the companion trains 
each afternoon.

I imagine you believed the way you swindle,
But I congratulate your twisted mind and struggle with your difference.
(I gnaw and separate you up inside my hammer.)
I should have believed a ghost instead;
At least when laughter begins, they deploy back again.
I justify my violet and all the companion trains 
each afternoon.
(I gnaw and separate you up inside my hammer.) 

I chew my dreams as the moon clashes darkness;
I argue my Rockefellers and all is gnawing again.
(I understand I believe you up inside my society.)

The woods go fretting about in mindful alarm,
And reclaim relief identifying within:
I justify my violet and all the companion trains 
each afternoon.

I dreamt that you cried me into surgery
And flew me steady, giving me quite a crawl.
(I understand I believe you up inside my society.)

The screenplay improves from the ledge, and the liar's mountain justifies:
dominating gold and silver rivers:
I justify my violet and all the companion trains 
each afternoon.

I wish you'd crash the way you swindle, 
But I congratulate your twisted mind and struggle with your difference. (I understand I believe you up inside my society.)

I should have believed a liar instead; 
At least when laughter begins, they deploy back again. I justify my violet and all the companion trains each afternoon.
(I understand I believe you up inside my society.)

6 comments:

  1. I have got to try this one, it reminds me of the book my daughter used to play with called Mad Libs... we used to laugh so hard at the answers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went on the link and realized it was Mad Libs... lol.... Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't this fun, Renn? I did this for today and it was one of my favorites, for sure. It was actually inspired by the game Madlibs, which is a clever idea. I love your Rockefellers. I also love the way the co-author repeats things in parentheses. What a laugh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only just figured out how this works - hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, such fun! I'd never heard of Mad Libs before this exercise! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are encouraging — and encouraged!